Thursday, May 14, 2009

Joy Junction in Crazy Town

I think in my first blog post I should say a little about myself. Well the title says it all. I live in Crazy town and am striving towards Joy Junction. Aren’t we all? Somedays I think that the struggle of finding the joy amidst the crazy is impossible and then other days the joy bubbles forth with little or no effort. Such is life I suppose. Anyway about me: I am married with two wonderful daughters and four (yes, I said four) step-sons. The sons are mostly all grown and in the Navy now. One is out of the Navy but has a wife in the Navy. The youngest boy is still at home but will graduate from high school next month and go in the Navy or go to college through the Navy ROTC program. My two daughters are 6 and 10 and I homeschool them. Of course, my kids are the most beautiful and talented in all the world! Keeping them fed with healthy meals, clothed in clean clothes, living in a moderately clean home, and getting them to all their different appointments on time is what puts me smack in the middle of Crazy Town sometimes. I often joke with my husband that we are going to live it up when the kids all grow up and move out, but the truth is I thrive on taking care of everyone and the craziness causes a nice little adrenaline rush that i’m pretty sure they don’t have 12-step programs for. So I guess in my case the only way to get to Joy Junction is to go through Crazy Town. I think that’s the only way I will appreciate and be able to identify the joy. I complain about the constant flitting about to get things done and to get to the places we need to go but then in the quiet moments I am pretty sure that I look like I have a nervous twitch because I am itching to do something…anything. I long for peace and quiet but at the same time on those rare moments when my husband is working nights and the kids are spending the night with friends and I find myself at home alone and I have the chance to relax and pamper myself, I end up at Wal Mart buying toilet paper and Fruit Loops!! I guess the truth is I like living in Crazy Town and I will get to Joy Junction when the time is right and then I will love it just as much.

2 comments:

  1. Sister,

    I didn't know you could write so well. You NEED to write a book! I'm really serious, you write very well and funny. Kinda reminds me of Tina. Keep up the good work, and yes, you do have beautiful and talented children. Love ya

    charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, you need to write a book. You write very well, which I didn't know and I shouldn't be so surprised. You do everything else so well. If you wrote a book I would be your first customer! You are a wonderful mom and woman, sometimes I call you Supermom cause you have so much going on in your life and you manage to get it all done and don't look so frazzled like some of us do.

    Love ya
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete